Each year, more than half a million people in Germany are diagnosed with cancer, and around 4 million live with the disease. The 35th German Cancer Congress therefore aims to further promote interdisciplinary expertise through scientific exchange and exciting continuing education in the field of oncology. The congress is therefore aimed at physicians, nurses, representatives from research and politics, and patients.
Since a comprehensive cancer therapy consists of several treatment steps, the interface processes are particularly relevant for the success of the therapy. This year’s congress is therefore dedicated to these processes under the motto “Cancer Medicine: Interfaces between Innovation and Care”.
In addition to exciting continuing education courses and seminars on the interfaces in oncology, new diagnostic and therapeutic procedures, interdisciplinary networking or current health policy issues will also be highlighted.
The German Cancer Congress (DKK) is the largest and oldest oncology congress in Germany and is held every two years, alternating with the International AEK Cancer Congress. The four-day cancer congress is attended by several thousand visitors from Germany and abroad.
The DKK brings together experts in oncology and thus promotes interdisciplinary cooperation between the individual disciplines. It provides an overview of current research results and the situation of oncology in Germany. In addition to future developments and new therapeutic principles, health policy issues are also addressed.
Cancer medicine: interfaces between innovation and care
Success in cancer therapy also depends on the quality of the individual interfaces. Rapid transfer – of proven medical innovations from research to care – is an important prerequisite for oncological progress. The interface and cooperation between different medical and health care disciplines as well as patients is also very important.
Congress foci are:
- Interfaces of tumor medicine
- professional training on all common and many rare cancers
- new diagnostic and therapeutic procedures
- interdisciplinary and interprofessional networking
- Plenary sessions on lung tumors, urogenital tumors, human-machine interaction, politics meets oncology, breast cancer, gastrointestinal oncology, translational oncology, immuno-oncology, psycho-oncology, palliative medicine and prevention
- Current health policy issues
- sessions with the best abstracts on preclinical and clinical oncology
- program for young oncologists and students
- interactive tumor conferences
In addition to the congress, there will be the industry cancer forum. We are looking forward to your visit.
For more information: https://www.deutscher-krebskongress.de/